A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Mandatory cookies are used to
- increase the page speed of our website
- protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website and services generally
- Functional cookies are used to
- remember settings you have applied such as layout, language, or preferences
- Performance cookies (Audience Measurement) are used to
- provide statistics on how our website is used
- see how effective our adverts are
- detect any errors that occur
- test different designs of our website
- Targeting/Marketing/Personalization cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as 'Like' buttons and 'Share' buttons. We use them to
- link to social networks like Facebook, which may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other websites
- provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in
- Here is a list of some cookies installed on the website:
|Name||Purpose||Type of Cookie||Link to More Information|
|Google Analytics||This is an Audience Measurement Tool. It provides
statistics on how the website is used.
|New Relic||This cookie is used for
monitoring the performance of web and mobile applications.
|Full Fabric||This cookie is used for the application process,
brochure downloads and event registrations.
|Blue Kai||This cookie is used to track users across websites to enhance targeting
|Tapad||This cookie is used by a company that provides technology to track users across devices. This is done,to enhance targeting capabilities.||Targeting/Marketing/Personalization||https://www.tapad.com/privacy|
|AddThis||Allows the website visitor to easily share
content to their social media profiles.
|DoubleClick||The Google ad publishing and distribution
|Social networking service that collects data through a range of plug-ins and integrations, that
is primarily used for Facebook's own tracking and targeting.
|Social networking service that collects data via plug-ins and integrations, that is primarily
used for LinkedIn's tracking and targeting.
|YouTube||YouTube collects user data in order to display targeted advertising to web visitors across a broad
range of their own and other websites.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
We reserve the right to make any changes and corrections to this Notice. Please refer to this page from time to time to review these and any new additional information.
The University of St.Gallen Master of Business Administration (MBA-HSG), 2018